Steve Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 10 May 1997 23:33:06 +0000
This is a request for *free* hosting of a high-interest list.

Young-Performers will be dedicated to the discussion of young
musical performers: their careers, their schooling and lack of peer
contact, long-term effect of stardom on kids, swapping of
sightings and concert recaps, new developments and just plain
opinions about their music. The music industry is experiencing a
rapid rise in the number and quality of performers under the age of
20.

Because this list may be high-volume, I cannot afford to pay someone
like L-Soft whose rates are dependent on number of subscribers and
who limit the number of postings per day (on their ease-home
service). I'm hoping someone who reads this message will want to
provide hosting for such a list. I'm experienced with listserv and
also brute-force mailing list management, so it won't be much
trouble to you.

With the recent rise to the top of the CHR (alternative) charts of
Hanson, a band made up of three brothers ages 11, 13 and 16, and
LeAnn Rimes, age 14, and the upcoming switch to rock of the Moffatts,
four very talented brothers ages 13 and 14 (triplets plus one), the
young band Radish, and not to mention the expected flood of copycat
bands that will surely occur now that Hanson has made it big, the
time for such a list is right.

I currently operate two mailing lists dedicated to the Moffatts. One
is moderated, the other is open. Moffatts-L is a fairly high-traffic
list on home.ease.lsoft.com, and there is a large percentage of
teenage girls on it. There is also a lot of talk about these other
young performers on the list, so I have considered starting a Hanson
list. But decided that a mailing list, perhaps gatewayed to a
moderated newsgroup (I will be proposing the rec.music.* newsgroup
soon) dedicated to all young performers might be a better way to go.

Please contact me if you would consider setting up and hosting this
list. Thank you for your attention.

Steve Walker

Those who hear not the music -- think the dancers mad  ~{';'}~