Matti Vainio <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:25:13 +0100
We have recently faced problems to deliver messages from our listserv
(lists.aiesec.org) to many of our members (few thousands) who are using
a web based email service provided by chek.com (our members are using
domain aiese.net for their email accounts).

Technical support at chek.com says that: "LSMTP reportedly violates
RFC822 standard by terminating lines in the header and body with only
LF. As such, Qmail will reject the mail with status 451, with the
error body pointing to a site explaining the problem."
                                        (copied from full message that is
below)

I do not fully believe this because we are not facing similar problems
with any other web based email account provider. The only error message
related to this non-delivery that I am able to find from the delivery
errors states:

--> Error description:
Error-for:  ******@AIESEC.NET
Error-Code: 0
Error-Text: Message could not be delivered to mailer "AIESEC.NET" after 4.01
            day(s) and has been discarded.  The last connection ended with a
            status of "WSAECONNRESET".

Error-End:  One error reported.

What do you think might be the cause for our current problems with
delivering messages to mail1.chek.com? And how to fix this problem?

With regards,

        Matti Vainio
        AIESEC International