Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 May 1997 04:54:52 -0400
On Thursday, May 22, 1997 6:26 PM, David Nessl [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> Since my Unix LISTSERV will run on a dedicated host, I have been thinking
> about configuring sendmail to use lsv_amin as sendmail's "local" delivery
> agent.  Has anyone tried that yet?  I was assuming that any incoming mail
> whose "To:" didn't match a defined {listname, listname-request,
> owner-listname} would be bounced back to the sender by LISTSERV.

LISTSERV will handle this reasonably well -- it sends back an "unknown list
FOOBAR" message if it gets mail for address FOOBAR and doesn't have such a
list.  We use a setup like what you're talking about -- but we do it with
Qmail, so I don't know the exact details of how you'd set up Sendmail for
this.  L-Soft has a Sendmail patch out to get all owner-* addresses sent to
LISTSERV, for probe processing ... maybe an edit of it would do what you
want?

Norm