Adam Thyer <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 May 1997 00:28:56 +1100
Hi All

Can anybody help?

I publish a FREE e-mail newsletter (monthly, though it may become more
frequent) called Your WebScout*. It features reviews of the Net's best Web
sites and online discussion groups. The reviews are written by a talented
and dedicated team of volunteer editors.

The newsletter has been quite popular. Over less than a year, our list has
grown to over 10,000 subscribers. To date we've distributed the newsletter
using an "exploader list" provided by our Web site host, Web
Communications. However, it's become too labour intensive to continue
administering the list using WebCom's primitive exploader lists.

I desperately need to source a list service which will *automatically*
manage subscribe/unsubscribe requests and *automatically* remove invalid
subscription addresses. I understand that Listserv provides these and other
time-saving features. The catch is, I simply can't afford the fees charged
by commercial providers such as "L-Soft".

If I can't find a *cost-effective* way to automate this list, I fear that
I'll have to close WebScout down. This would be a great shame not only for
our rapidly growing subscriber base, but also for our team of editors who
have generously donated their time and effort to this project.

I've noticed that some providers will host Majordomo lists for about $100
per year (which I could afford), but I understand that Majordomo does not
provide automated handling of bounced e-mail, and resolving bounced
messages has become a very time consuming task.

Can anybody offer/suggest a solution to my problem?

I'm not presently subscribed to this list, so I'd be grateful if you'd send
any replies directly to me at [log in to unmask]

TIA

Regards

Adam Thyer
Your WebScout
http://www.webcom.com/webscout/

* "Your WebScout" was originally 22 separate newsletters, each reviewing
Web sites and discussion groups related to a specific topic. We've decided
to scale the project down and combine the 22 newsletters into a *single*
title.