Michael Gettes <CCMRG@BOSTONU>
Wed, 26 Aug 87 11:33:47 EDT
Apologies to those of you who do not feel that this an appropriate
question to this list - but I consider it a good place to start.

I am currently spooling my console logs for RSCS, MAILER and LISTSERV.
Does anyone have some kind of log management facility to daily
put these logs up to tape as well as possibly search the individual
logs for various conditions. (maybe allow for some exit routine).
Of course, I do not wish to re-invent the wheel.
I would also hope that if this facility exists that it is smart enough
to glue together consoles of the same day (separate console logs caused
by system failures). I would prefer locally written facilities as I
am not prepared to purchase any software, but I will still appreciate
any insight.
thanks much.

            - Michael Gettes, Boston University