Joseph H Vilas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:42:09 -0400
From reading the LISTSERV documentation, I've know that LISTSERV has
two built-in filters.  It uses those to help prevent mail loops, and
redirects list-destined mail matching the filters to the list owner.
I understand one can modify the default behavior with the "Filter="
and "Safe=" keywords and a few other things.  What I can't discover
(in an hour of rooting through the documentation and our LISTSERV
installation itself) is exactly what is used in the default filters.
I assume that addresses such as "postmaster" and "mailer-daemon" are
filtered out.

What I'd like to know is (1) What exactly is the list of filtered
addresses?  (2) Where is that information kept?  (3) What headers are
used with the check -- just "From:", or that and "Reply-to:", or what?
(4) Is the envelope information checked?  If so, what parts of it are
used?

We're running LISTSERV 1.8d beta (no, we haven't upgraded yet :-) ) on
A Sun Ultra-2 with Solaris 2.6.

I didn't know whether LSTOWN-L or LSTSRV-L was more appropriate for my
question; please feel free to redirect me if I'm in the wrong place.

Joe

--
Joseph H. Vilas        [log in to unmask]        1-919-660-6902
   Box 90132,  Duke University, Durham, NC  27708-0132