"Eckstine, Nate" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:11:51 -0700
I believe reducing the archive period will solve this.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nathan Brindle
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:05 AM
To: Eckstine, Nate; LISTSERV site administrators' forum
Subject: Re: Getting HeapAlloc() error instead of Communication error

That error under Windows means "Out of [contiguous] memory".  It suggests that the CLASSOF1971 LOG0907C file has got something pretty huge in it that is causing the indexing algorithm to consume more memory than your machine has available in one contiguous chunk.  I'm guessing someone posted some really large photos or graphics to the list that may need to be removed before this will stop happening.

Nathan