Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:08:57 -0500
At 8:14 AM -0500 2/1/07, Tabariasl, Hamid wrote
>I have a moderated discussion list and all messages are always approved
>by moderator. I have one problem with the list and that is spamming! The
>moderator gets messages from people who are not on the list. On some
>days, there are more than few messages to monitor and reject.
>
>The monthly public archive has been disabled.
>
>Is there anything that I can include or omit in the list configuration
>below to make this list to be spam free!

Change the editor line to be

Send= Editor,hold,confirm,non-member

This will require non-members to confirm which will eliminate most of the spam.

Not sure why you crippled the archives.  Since they were private, they should not contribute to the spam problem.
--
Have you changed your password? Please visit http://its.psu.edu/password/ for information on Penn State's password change initiative and to change your password.

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)