Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 May 2007 11:14:17 -0400
On May 3, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Cheryl Cato wrote:

> I would like to be able to grant privileges to our senior help desk
> staff to review all lists on the server without giving them the keys
> to the car, as it were.  Is it possible to grant something less than
> maintainer status without having to modify the headers of all the
> lists
> on the server?  We're running 14.5.

I just bit the bullet a few years ago. I showed just the managers of
our help desk how to use the list and server maintenance GUI and I
made them each a postmaster. That was about two years ago. The
results have been pretty good for them and for me as the LISTSERV
site maintainer.  Our help desk folks do not have authority to
actually log onto the Linux box where we host LISTSERV, so any real
damage they can do is minimal and we also do daily backups anyway. I
don't recall ever having a problem with this strategy. You might
consider doing the same.