Jose Maria Blasco Comellas <ZCCBJBC@EB0UB011>
Mon, 2 Mar 1987 21:34:23 HOE
As usual, our adjacent node FRMOP22 is  down, so that this mail will not reach
you until tomorrow. Anyway...

Some servers  (most EARN  servers and  probably more in  USA) have  received a
totally incorrect version  of PEERS NAMES. Please check your  version, it must
be 755 lines long  and contain a :version.1.05h tag for  CUNYVM. If your PEERS
NAMES is  shorter, please retrieve  a 'good'  copy from either  EB0UB011 (EARN
sites) or  UGA (US sites)  and install it on  your server's A-DISK  via LSVPUT
(PUTC. (To get the file all you need is a 'GET PEERS NAMES CONTROL' command).

  We will probably have to wait until  Eric returns to know what has happened,
but in the meantime this can avoid most distribute jobs to fail.

Please also note that  your  current  copy can be o.k.  but be corrupted later
because of the damaged file being held at some of the huge network queues.

Jose Maria