Tor-Arne Bertheussen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:03:04 +0200
At 14:18 28.03.00 -0500, you wrote:
>On 27 Mar 00, at 8:49, Tor-Arne Bertheussen wrote:
>
>> As we understand it, all mails will first reach our primary mailserver no
>> matter if it should be sent to one of our users or to the listserv
>> application. The mailserver must then analyze the message and deside if it
>> should be forwarded to the server running listserv or not. Is this what
>> really happens?
>
>No. The LISTSERV machine should handle its own incoming mail.
>You may direct outgoing mail to your Exchange server (with
>SMTP_FORWARDx site configuration parameters).
>
>You will need to configure Exchange to accept mail from the
>LISTSERV machine. You may also need to configure Exchange so
>that it does NOT try to process internal mail (mail coming from
>within the Exchange service area) for LISTSERV, but instead pass
>it on to the LISTSERV machine.
>
>Francoise

Thank you, Francoise.

Does this mean that we cannot use the same domain as we use for our
"regular" mail, and that we have to define a subdomain were we add the
machinename of the machine which runs the Listserv application?

Our domain is "folkehelsa.no" which implies that my email-address is
[log in to unmask] Lets say that the machine which is
running the Listserv application is called "listserv". Is a solution that
we define the mailaddresses which will be sent to the server as
<listname>@listserv.folkehelsa.no, and that we do necessary changes in the
MX-records in the closesed nameserver?

Will this work, or does anyone have a better way to solve this?

Thanks,

Tor-Arne