"Sparger, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 May 1998 14:54:09 -0400
We have lists for each of our departments and each list contains all the
faculty for that
department as a subscriber. On occasion a faculty member has sent and
will need
to send an email posting to multiple lists but is being locked out for
48 hours because
LISTSERV has determined the posting to be a SPAM, when in fact it's not.
The
individual sending the posting is not a subscriber to any of the lists
on which the
postings are made.

I've checked the Site Manager and List Owner docs and somewhat hesitant
to set
LOOPCHECK = NOSPAM for each list to keep LISTSERV from flagging the
posting
as a SPAM. These are closed, confidential lists and our SEND = option is
set to
SERVICE which in turn is set to our campus domain. If I set the option,
as I understand
it, then if someone were to truly post a spam, the posting would be
allowed.

Would it be "better" to set LOOPCHECK = SPAM_DELAY(0), and does this
option
disable LISTSERV from checking for a spam. Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

William A. Sparger, Jr.
Systems Analyst
Library and Information Services