Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:05:57 +1000
Hi Diana

>I am in need of some serious help with List Serv....there was in initial
>installation that i believe went bad b/c of some problems with the web
>server.....the archives and scripts directory keep on pointting to
>directories that do not exist..this preventing us from creating the lists
>and so forth.....the initial installation was 'uninstalled' then
>reinstalled incorrectly...i need some help on making sure everything is
>gone and start new so that the correct directories are referenced...
>
>help please !

In order to get proper help you'll need to give a bit more specific
information:

* What platform are you on? (Windows, Linux, etc)
* What SMTP do you use for outbound mail? (Sendmail, LSMTP, etc)
* What web server do you use? (IIS, Apache, etc)
* Much more detailed explanation of the initial problems.

It's also a good idea to send a copy of your site configuration for
comment.  This is found in the LISTSERV/MAIN/ directory and can be named
any of the following:

VM               LOCAL SYSVARS
OpenVMS          SITE_CONFIG.DAT
Unix (all)       go.user
Windows NT/2000  SITE.CFG

Note: if you send a copy of the configuration file, make sure you XXXX out
the CREATEPW= variable before sending.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.