Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:05:12 -0400
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Peter 'Rattacresh' Backes wrote:
> Some people complained that sendmail doesn't work unpatched with
> LISTSERV probe.  So why not modifying LISTSERV to use owner-list+xyz
> instead of owner-list-xyz?  However I never used probe and really
> don't know exactly how it works so I'm sorry if this is a totally
> stupid suggestion.

Your question isn't stupid, but the issue is more complicated because
sendmail and listserv are two separate packages written and supported by
two different entities.  You can find discussion of this issue and the
answer to your question in the archives of this list.  Do an author search
for " [log in to unmask] " as I believe Valdis explained this again
within the past few months.

--Trish

---------
Trish Forrest, Queen's University