Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:39:52 -0500
> Yes, but why not drop it as soon as it's determined to be spam?
>
> By sending it on instead of dropping it, all you're doing is wasting bandwidth and cycles.

Not necessarily.  If you were using the CONTENT_FILTER, you could set the
action for messages flagged as spam to MODERATE rather than DISCARD.  If
you didn't trust your AV system enough to let it delete your mail for you
(and I certainly don't trust mine that much yet), it could make a lot of
sense to flag the message but send it on to LISTSERV anyway.

Would you let SpamAssassin delete LSTSRV-L mail before you saw it? ;)

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Interested in other L-Soft products?  See what else we have
to offer here <http://www.lsoft.com/products/products.asp>