Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:54:38 -0400
I'm stumped.  Last night was the first time that I can remember where
we weren't able to catch up on our job queue.  Incoming job queue
started growing yesterday around 08:30.  Peaked at 8,200 jobs around
midnight, fell to around 400 at 7:30 this morning and is now back at
5,000 and climbing. At least 10 of my timing jobs that run every 15
minutes took over 12 hours yesterday.

However, I think the system is running fine.  We processed 67,000
files yesterday which is a lot but not a record.  As far as I can
tell, more than 3/4 of that load was garbage.  Not sure what to do.
We are going to put faster hardware in this summer.

If we decide to run spamassasin, that will just require more hardware
without stemming the flow of incoming junk.

--
Some minds are like concrete: thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)