Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:02:46 -0500
On Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:47:46 -0500, Louis J Wiesemann
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can someone who is using this give me an idea of how much
>space the "archives" directory requires relative to the logs
>directory.  The documentation seemed to indicate it would have quite a bit
>of data, but I could not find any specifics.  If I were going to have all
>of my current archives available to the web interface would I need the
>same amount of space as my logs currently use?  Half as much?  Something
>else?

The actual message archives (logs) should NOT be in the same directory with the
www /archives directory.   The data in /archives will generally be much less
than the message logs (1/10 or less) since they contain only indexes to the
messages stored in the messages logs.