Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Jun 90 17:13:58 EDT
 I've recently been asked a question that I don't know the answer to.
 That is, I've just created a new list on JHUVM, PFUG-L, which will
 be used to distribute a newsletter.  That newsletter has been around
 for some time, but was not distributed via Listserv.  What the list
 owner would like to do is make copies of the old newsletters available
 via [log in to unmask]  Since the archives of the list (as indicated in
 the "Notebook=" keyword), will consist of one newsletter per file,
 it seems reasonable to store the old newsletters as if they were sent
 via Listserv in the first place.  That is, store the old newsletters
 with fileids like "PFUG-L 89-00001", "PFUG-L 89-00002", etc...  My
 goal is to have Listserv treat the old copies just like ones that it
 will be sending out.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  The only idea
 that I've come up with is as follows:

 - Save a copy of the list
 - LSVPUT is back without the users
 - Send the old copies to the list, PFUG-L@JHUVM (since there are no
   people on the list, it would simply archive them)
 - re-LSVPUT the original copy of the list

 This doesn't seem all that bad to me, but I was wondering if I'm making
 things more complicated than is necessary.

 -jj