Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:02:02 -0700
> > you'll likely create some serious animosity among subscribers. To
> > reSET them to NOCONCEAL "QUIET"ly would be even more egregious than
> > simply doing it without asking them first. (Maybe you've already done
> > all this "checking". If so, my advice can be ignored.)
>
> if the list has review=owners  that shouldn't be a problem and many lists
> are set up that way to protect the subscribers, many of whom often lurk
> instead of post ;-)  Of course posting brings them ou of the closet anyway.

True. But, a list owner who would quietly, without asking, reset
subscribers to noconceal might also reconfigure Review=private
(or public) also without warning.

So, leaving the subscriptions CONCEALed expresses the wishes of
the subscriber to remain concealed. It's up to the subscriber to
not post messages that will reveal his subcription (at that
moment in time when he posted them, at any rate).

Peter R