Harry Dewey <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:08:31 -0500
I send a mailinglist on rock gardening called
to about 950 subscribers.  Alpine-L was fully monitored for several
years, but in the past few months I have been slowly setting to
Editor status the more frequent posters, so that instead of my
having to confirm their postings they are asked to confirm them
themselves.  All is well, except that two of the subscribers had
problems when I set their accounts to "editor" status.  Their posts
never reached the software, they were never asked for confirmation,
and they were never posted.  When I restored them to normal status
(so that their posts are sent to me for confirmation) the system
works as intended.

They would like to have editor status, as their messages wouldn't
need to wait for me to come on line before they are released.  What
could be the cause of this problem?  I'll be grateful for any
advice.  Here is the list header:
Alpine-L, the Electronic Rock Garden Society; postings copyright by
authors.
 .hh on
 Subscription=    By_owner
 Send=            Editor,Hold,Confirm
 Editor=          [log in to unmask]
 Moderator=       All,[log in to unmask]
 Notify=          Yes
 Reply-to=        List,Ignore
 Review=          Private
 Filter=          Also,[log in to unmask]
 Validate=        Yes
 X-tags=          Yes
 Stats=           Normal
 Ack=             No
 Auto-Delete=     Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(33),Max(400),Probe(0)
 Language=        NOHTML
 Daily-Threshold= 100
 Default-Topics=  OmniHorti, Other
 notebook=        YES,d:\lsv-archives\ALPINE-L,MONTHLY,PUBLIC
 Renewal=         None
 Default-Options= Repro
 Errors-To=       [log in to unmask]
 Sizelim=         1500
 Loopcheck=       Nobody
 .hh off
 Owner=           [log in to unmask] (Harry Dewey)
--
Harry Dewey, Beltsville, Maryland USA zone 7a MinTemp -2F (-19C)
Editor, Potomac Valley Chapter, North American Rock Garden Society