Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Sat, 21 May 88 22:41:13 EST
The following changes have been implemented in LISTSEND:

* There  are two  new  options,  DIST1 and  DIST2,  to  choose the  DISTRIBUTE
  protocol. They can be set as default options.

* If the filetype is MAIL, the MAIL option is forced.

* The whole  logic for  sending mail  has been changed  (thanks to  a modified
  sample exec  sent to me by  Olivier Martin). LSV822IN EXEC  (and if possible
  also  LSV822TO  EXEC) from  TOOLS  FILELIST  at  any LISTSERV  are  STRONGLY
  recommended if you intend  to use the MAIL option. Mail  is now processed as
  follows:

  - If LSV822IN EXEC is not found,  RFC822 headers are generated and your file
    is put inside.  Please note that the new version  behaves differently than
    the previous one in this point.

  - If  LSV822IN is  found,  a check  is  made to  see  whether your  mailfile
    contains RFC822  headers or not.  If not,  headers are generated  and your
    mail is  sent to LISTSERV; if  headers are present, they  are validated by
    LSV822IN and some additional tests are made. Sending is aborted unless the
    mailfile seems correct  (but there are new options to  bypass checking and
    to add new headers unconditionally).

If you get the  new new version you'll find more  detailed explanations in the
program header, especially in the 'How to send mail' section.

----> IMPORTANT:

I would  like to urge  everyone that  is interested in  this program to  get a
password from LISTSERV AT DEARN

  TELL LISTSERV AT DEARN PW ADD password

and AFD to the file

  TELL LISTSERV AT DEARN AFD ADD LISTSEND EXEC PW= password.

The  file  is  about 1000  records  (500+  in  NETDATA  format) and  AFD  uses
DISTRIBUTE, so you will be helping network traffic.

I will NOT send bug fixes announcements  to this list. People who are AFDed to
the file will get a new copy and can  look at the change history at the end of
the header. Other people run LISTSEND at their own risk :-)

  Jose Maria