Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:49:39 -0500
On 1/26/2008 12:00 AM, Ben Parker wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:20:51 -0500, Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> This should not be necessary. ...  What secret incantation did
>> I forget to recite?
>
> It is not necessary, so something was missed.  You said you didn't add the PM
> address as Owner=.  But did you put another (non-PM) address there or did you
> leave no Owner= address?  The latter would be a undefined error condition, who
> knows what would happen.

Yes, there was a non-PM owner specified in the original list configuration.

I used the web interface to create the list. I have never tried to create a
list without an owner= statement, but I would expect LISTSERV to reject the
PUT command, whether it is submitted by email or via the web.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team