Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 13:54:34 CDT
On Thu, 7 Aug 1997 13:14:46 -0400 Gregory Decker said:
>I am not sure exactly what you are looking to accomplish, but if we are
>talking UNIX I have used PROCMAIL, a general purpose mail filter, to
>select based on what is in a header. This is a code it yourself solution
>but if you can do regular expressions it is very flexible.

I'm a little familiar with procmail, but I thought it would only work
for ALL lists on the server (I want this for just my list).  If it can
work on a list by list basis, I could write a procmail script called
mylist.prefilter

Now for the 64,000 purchasing unit question: How do I tell Listserv to
call that procmail script?  Looking at the section on the Exit= keyword
in the Listowner's Manual, I somehow get the impression that it would
need to be a regular script, and not procmail.  Is this correct?
Also, looking at the Site Manager's Manual, I didn't see an exit
point that seemed appropriate for each message (they were for things
like Subscribing, Unsubscribing, etc).