Leonard D Woren <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Nov 1991 00:56:00 PST
I have terminated a list that I was hosting.  Since it will take quite
a while for that fact to percolate through the network, I would like
to set it up so that when someone attempts to subscribe or send mail,
LISTSERV returns a message stating that the list has been terminated
and directing them to another possible list.  I have changed the list
header to specify Send=Editor and Subscription=Closed (and
Confidential=Yes for good measure.)  I don't see anything in $DEFAULT
MAILFORM that I could use for the desired purpose.  Is there a way to
accomplish this (without LISTSERV mods)?

BTW, Send=Editor without an Editor= resulted in a posting being
forwarded to some apparently random address, even though the mail was
sent from my (owner!) id.  I think the doc says that the editor and
the owner can post to the list.

/Leonard