"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:06:43 EDT
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:47:24 +0100 Warhurst, SI (Spencer) said:
>[..]
>> do it on a per list basis
>>
>> QUERY listname WITH NOMAIL FOR *@*
>
>We have 4,400 lists

We have about 3,600, so you have about 22% more.  It's still very possible
if you script it a little, and merge the results.

>> It will also be in the Change-Log if you have that turned on, which
>> I highly reccomend.
>
>Yes it is useful, but we try not to intefere with our owner's list
>configuration, so leave it up to the owner whether they switch that on.

We require it for things like this, just like we require probing, and
self mooderating on public lists.

>> Or if you only allow private postings to some lists, it might
>> be someone
>> who gets their email on one account, and can post from
>> multiple accounts
>> or their email services changes their posting method.
>
>Yes, that is a good point!
>
>Regards
>Spencer

/ahw