Barak Moshe <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 May 2002 17:45:02 +0300
On Mon, 20 May 2002, Pete Weiss wrote:

> I have an alternate suggestion: start a NEW list that is archive-only and
> set the "permissions" so that the discussion list subscribers can access
> the archive-only list archives.Of course the subscribers of the
> archive-only list would be who you want to be able to store into it.The
> discussion list would have all of the "usual" anti-attachment list
> definition parameters.

Thanks, that is a nice idea, but I am afraid it suits a situation where a
relative small number of lists are concerned. I am referring to our academic
courses mailing lists, of which we have plenty :-) (a list per course, by
default, you don't ask for it, it is there always). Under such terms this would
mean duplicating the total number of lists which is not attractive to me,
bearing in mind we already have some 5K lists ...

I wonder though, how about GET and PUT ? This is also relatively easy, i.e tell
the owner how to PUT files, and then he sends a short mail with GET
instructions .. My only concern will be to automate the creation of the
catalog, isn't it ? Anyone doing that ?

Thanks,
Moshe