Melissa Wauford <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:43:29 -0500
I usually do it the other way around. Quiesce the old server. Copy all the
listserv files and directories to the new server. (I usually do a full
backup of the old system and just restore the backup files to the new
server.) Bring it up and verify stability and data integrity of the old
version of listserv running on the new system, then do the upgrade on the
new server. Of course, you want to test this before you do your production
move. If you do it this way, though, be sure to get all the relevant files
and directories, including /etc/mail/aliases, /etc/lsv-wa.config, and any
listserv binaries you have in system directories list /usr/local/bin.

                                     Melissa Wauford
                                     Computer Systems Support