Fiona Webster <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 12:09:38 -5000
Hello--

I hope this is the right place to ask this question!  I'm in the process of
collecting names and addresses for a new list that would be called
SHARK-L.  This list aims to be a educational discussion list about shark biology,
behavior, and evolution, shark folklore, stories of diving with sharks, sharks'
relationship with humans, sharks in the media, shark conservation efforts, and
so on.

At this point we have about 60 would-be subscribers, but I would project an
eventual size of around 200 members.  I don't know how to estimate how many
messages per day the list would generate -- perhaps in the range of 5
to 10.  We don't plan to archive the list, so the only extra space we
would require would be just a little room for a few files containing
shark-related information.  (The latter may be unnecessary, though,
as one subscriber to the list plans to set up a WWW site for us, and
may also provide some FTP space.)  We have already chosen a list
manager (not myself).

Please let me know if you might be able to provide a site for SHARK-L.
Thanks for your time.

                                        --Fiona Webster