Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:14:33 -0600
On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 11:39:24 -0700, "Hoag, Martin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I think LISTSERV(tm)

Actually, it is most correctly LISTSERV® or LISTSERV(R)

>looks for a specific template first in the listname.MAILTPL, then SITE.MAILTPL, and finally in DEFAULT.MAILTPL. If it finds the template in any one of these it stops looking and uses that one. I'm not sure if there are other levels in there or not now.

The optional idiom.MAILTPL (usually for language translation) goes between
listname.MAILTPL and SITE.MAILTPL.  Applies only if you also add
* Language= idiom
to the list configuration of the lists to which it applies.

>We'll now see just how rusty my memory is... ;-)

Still Stainless Steel, as always...  :-)