Curtis Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:28:13 +0000
This was a very helpful tip!  In this case, a user requested one of the E-Mail archives.  The SMTP server has a 10MB limit on E-Mail.  ListServ went nuts trying to send the E-Mail.  Apparently for .MAIL files, there is no quitting on retries.  I deleted the offending .MAIL file and the problem has resolved itself.

It would be helpful if there was a way to display things that have been on hold or are lost.  This is taking me hours to resolve.

Curtis E. Stevens
Director, Standards & Features Technology
3355 Michelson Dr. #100
Office: 1-1041
Irvine, Ca. 92612
Phone: 949-672-7933
Cell: 949-307-5050
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Remember, you may only be blamed for something if you are actually doing something.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ben Parker
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Send error: Unknown error [10053]

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:29:47 +0000, Curtis Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>That is my thought as well.

Windows:

Add this line to site.cfg

SMTP_DEBUG=1

Then stop/restart the LISTSERV service.
------------
Unix:

add these 2 lines to go.user

SMTP_DEBUG=1
export SMTP_DEBUG

Then restart LISTSERV by doing   ./go bg  command in ~/listserv dir.
Now the SMTPS#n logfile will show the full SMTP 'conversation' between LISTSERV and whatever mail server.  This may shed useful light on the problem.
For example if Exchange admins upgraded from Exchange 2003 to 2007/2010 then Exchange requires authenticated connections from remote SMTP servers (which LISTSERV can't do).  There is a work around for that, but first find out more what the problem actually is.

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1