"L. Chandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 13 Feb 1993 09:09:13 SST
>I have a customer who's subscribed to PCBUILD at TSCVM. He has been trying,
>unsucessfully thus far, to get signed off! When we REView the list, he's
>subscribed as [log in to unmask] However, we cannot force our system here
>to add the .BITNET to the nodeid when we send a mail file (or a CMS file,
>using sendfile) to the LISTSERV at TSCVM. Therefore when TSCVM's LISTSERV
>processes the SIGNOFF command, it can't find a match. He gets a message saying
>"USERxxx@CFRVM is not subscribed to the PCBUILD list......."

I have encountered this problem when I moved an Internet list to LISTSERV.
Even if you are able add ".BITNET" to your email address, you still won't
be able to unsuscribe from the list.  LISTSERV would remove the ".BITNET"
before attempting to match the address to the subscription list.  To solve
this, the List-Owner would need to do a "GET listname" and delete all the
occurrence of ".BITNET" in the subscription list.  This is probably on
Eric's "to-fix" list :-).   -Chandra