Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 25 Nov 1986 20:26 SET
  Well, after a great  deal of thinking we have decided to  modify a few values
in the link  weights file to relieve the  load on Cornell - Canada01  and PSU -
Cornell. The new values are:

CORNELLC - CANADA01 = 5
PSUVM - CORNELLC = 5

and it implies an increase of the PSUVM  - OHSTVMA link to 5 to avoid rerouting
too much  traffic through this  link. Note  that this is  not my analysis  -- I
don't have enough  knowledge of US topology  to judge on the pros  and cons but
from what little  I know it sounds  reasonable and the people who  have come to
this agreement can be trusted I think :-)

  I am therefore issuing  a PUT command for the LINKSWT FILE  on all servers --
there has  never been  any real-scale  test of  this feature  so let's  see and
let's hope it works... :-)

  Eric