"Juan M. Courcoul" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jan 1992 10:14:18 CST
On Thu, 23 Jan 1992 10:31:04 EST Bitnet Mgr. at Dept. of Energy Hqs. said:
>DMSDDL1079R Receive PUTPN CMSUT1 A1 as LISTSERV CMSUT1 D1?
>DMSDDL1079R Reply 0 (NO), 1 (YES), 2 (QUIT), or 3 (RENAME)
>LOGOFF AT 11:40:29 EST WEDNESDAY 01/22/92 BY SYSTEM

Funny thing, a similar behavior happened to our Listserv a couple of
weeks ago. It received a PEERS JOB, so it distributed it to itself, but
when it finally got around to processing it, it choked.

In our case, the result wasn't so drastic, since it transferred the
offending file to my reader and went about its business. I finally
got it to accept the job by receiving it on my disk and sending it back
to the server. Transferring it back didn't work, since the tags were
all screwed up.

We are running VM/SP 5.2.

Juan