Chet Cady <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 08:15:52 EDT
We are changing from listPROC to L-Soft's listSERV, and I have two
questions about file archives under listSERV (since the products work
differently).

As I read the listserv documentation, it seems that the listserv
maintainer MUST be directly involved in creating a file archive, that
there's no way for a list owner to do so without the listserv
maintainer.  Am I correct in this understanding?

Second, it also seems that a file archive MUST be associated with a
list.  (This is not a requirement of listPROC, lest you think this is
an off-the-wall question!)  It seems that the only files that aren't
under lists are administrative files such as LISTOWNR MEMO, and that
these are really under a list called listserv, even though that's not
immediately apparent.  Does a file archive have to be under a list?
Is there a way we can have users GET files without specifying a list?

Thanks!
Chet Cady