Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:53:49 -0400
>I am experiencing a problem with the from & reply to
>addresses that listserv sends.  Specifically, the Reply To
>on mail from listserv is being mangled to @@voyager.bna.com.
>List mail is also does not appear to be filtered through the
>sendmail rewrite rule.

Are you talking about the "Reply-To:" header or the "Return-Path:"?
The latter header is not inserted by LISTSERV but is generated by
sendmail; see http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsv-faq.stm#5.5

>We are using Listserv 1.8d running on Solaris.
>
>Mail sent directly from a mail client on that machine does
>have the addressing rewritten properly.
>
>Is there some reason that listserv would not be using
>sendmail on the host that it is running on?

If you explicitly set SMTP_FORWARD or SMTP_FORWARD_1 to another
server then that would have that effect.  However it sounds like you
don't have either set.  A look at the "Received:" headers should
determine what mail servers the LISTSERV mail is passing through.

I hope some of the above information will be of use to you.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc