Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 May 2002 22:45:58 -0500
Bill Schipper wrote:

> But I wouldn't just quietly delete them.   Some @home.com addresses were
> taken over by other ISPs, but with the domain name intact, so that you
> could be deleting addresses that are still alive.   If I were you I'd
> pull a list of all the @home.com addresses, and send them all a brief
> message.   See how many come back undeliverable.   Those you can delete.

All of them will come back undeliverable. @Home is gone, home.com
address are dead.

The addresses that were moved instead of deleted, went to a few
different domains. I'm not going to say which; I don't think it's
appropriate for people to just mass-substitute domains and start
blasting new addresses. I think email permission is specific to a
person's email address, and doesn't follow when their username or domain
changes, resulting in a new address.

--
Al Iverson -- http://www.radparker.com -- Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Support Minnesota Jazz -- Disclaimer: All of my opinions are mine alone.