Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 May 2007 19:58:28 +0200
> The LISTSERV 15.0 Site Manager's Manual contains the following
> statement:
>
> 	Note: On some servers it may be necessary to stop and restart
> 	LISTSERV (or do a GET+PUT of all of the list headers involved)
> 	to make changes to the KEYWORDS file appear. This is because
> 	LISTSERV may have the KEYWORDS file and/or the list headers
> 	that use it cached at the time you modify it.

I am not aware of any such restriction at this time, provided that you
update the KEYWORDS file with the PUT command. The automatic refresh cannot
even be disabled (except on VM). Of course, if the refresh fails because of
a bug or the like, the above is then very true :-)

So, my take is that the documentation is incorrect. Again, this is only if
you PUT MY.KEYWORDS rather than just update the disk file on the server.

  Eric