Susan Malmrose <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 10:12:07 -0700
Email List Proposal

I am interested in forming an email list for the Latter-day Saint (also
known as “Mormon”) Internet community. There are already a few LDS email
lists, some general in scope  (such as JOSEPH, ZION, etc.), and some more
specific, for LDS-centered topics (such as Scripture-L, Elijah-L--a
genealogy list, etc.). The list I want to start would function somewhat as
a support group for members of the LDS Church who have loved ones (spouses,
children, etc.) who either are not members of the Church, are inactive
members of the Church, or are new members of the Church.

Latter-day Saints have a unique way of life that is Gospel-centered, and it
can be very difficult emotionally to have loved ones who do not share their
out-look, or who do not participate in the Gospel. I think an email list
for those who are in this situation could be very beneficial.

The name I have in mind for this list is Sanctify. I’ve taken it from 1 Cor
7:14, which says,

“For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving
wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now
they are holy.”

I’ve also been told that the Latin word for “saint” is “santos,” which
translated literally means “sanctified.”

I've looked into different options as far as finding someone to host this
list, and any that I have found, I can't afford! If anyone would be willing
to host this list for me at no charge, or if anyone has any other options
to suggest, please contact me through private email, as I do not subscribe
to this newsgroup.

Thank you,

   Susan Malmrose         [log in to unmask]
  Sequim, WA        http://www.olympus.net/personal/malmrose

"I wish myself was back at home, but there's nothing safe in watching tv"