June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Thu, 19 May 88 13:32:15 PDT
REPLY TO 05/19/88 10:56 FROM [log in to unmask] "Revised LISTSERV forum":
New list CONFER-L

Mike,

I'm not at all sure what you're trying to do with your "conferencing
system".  Just what do you mean by that phrase?  Are you trying to
add a sort of conference call type of interaction on top of
LISTSERV?  Are you aiming at just your own campus or would
conferences span the network.  You make references to stripped down
RELAY code but for those of us who aren't on VM machines that's
never been an option.  Will non-VM machines be able to tie into your
conference by going thru another host?  Personally I wouldn't want
to see the development of a network wide conference facility that
excluded non-VM nodes.

/June

To:  [log in to unmask]