Valdis Kletnieks <$VK0@CLVM>
Fri, 28 Nov 86 13:15:38 EST
>   ....                                I have sent data each way that cannot
>be received by the other.  One example is sending a PDS from TSO.
>
>Actually, a NEW format is really needed.

C'mon Phil.  Give me a ---- break.  I know of NO protocol which will do you
any good at this.  Consider the following:

TSO PDS -> CMS
A VERY long (100K+) line from a Unix system to *anything* else.
A CMS/VSAM disk sent to a Unix system.

The problem is NOT with 'netdata', it is that the UNDERLYING SYSTEM doesn't
have the proper structure to process the data and retain its shape.  Quick
now - what is this new protocol going to do with a Unix 'ar' library on a CMS
system?

Blame not the protocol for the base system's lack of comprehension.
One day you too will be faced with a Swahili tribesman spouting what to you
is complete gibberish.  And he's speaking English.  For you know nothing of
the life cycle of African wild boar.

                                   Valdis Kletnieks