Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:40:28 -0500
On Nov 24, 2006, at 10:11 PM, Wayne T Smith wrote:

> I've received 2-3000 error reports recently (since last
> evening) ... about 4 per minute at the moment.  All have a bogus
> list name and bogus from address. For example:
>
>   DISPLAYED: error report from MAIL.ENL.COM.HK
>
> This happening to others, or am I just a chosen one?   Anyone
> suggest an action?

I get tons of crap like that all the time. Its spam and it rarely
gets distributed to any of the lists on my server.

You can instruct LISTSERV to ignore nuisance email addresses by
sending your LISTSERV email with the command

quiet serve "address" drop off pw=xxxx

If you mess up and accidently do that for a legitimate address, you
can fix it with the command ...

quiet serve "address" pw=xxxx