Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Nov 1991 17:18:33 EST
On Tue, 19 Nov 1991 21:49:10 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>On Tue, 19 Nov 1991 11:23:59 EST Jim Jones <JIMJ@JHUVM> said:
>
>> Finally, if  you use IPL'ers  at your  shop, Listserv won't  like it...
>> Listserv *has* to IPL the actual CMS DCSS, not the IPL'er DCSS.
>
>I don't  understand this one. You  can make LISTSERV re-IPL  whatever you
>like, by setting up the proper name in the CMSNAME sysvar.

 Right, I wasn't very clear on that point...  I meant that you cannot use
 the IPL'er name in the CMSNAME sysvar, but rather the name of the actual
 CMS DCSS.  In our case, the IPL'er is called CMS and the real thing is
 YCMS50 currently, so Listserv won't work with CMSNAME set to CMS.  I just
 put all the normal DEFINE and LINK statements into Listserv's directory
 entry and had it IPL YCMS50, but as you said the real point is the value
 coded in the CMSNAME variable, not what's in the directory.  Sorry for
 the confusion!

>  Eric

 -jj