Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 19:11:12 -0400
On 6 Jul 00, at 23:31, Peter 'Rattacresh' Backes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Look for the section about the List-Address header field in the file
> LISTOWNR MEMO distributed with LISTSERV.

That's correct. You also want to add foo.com to the MYDOMAIN variable
in your site configuration file (go.user).

> AFAIK it's absolutely impossible by concept to have the LISTSERV
> address different for each list, which is for example used in command job
> requests (SUBSCRIBE, SIGNOFF, etc., all the commands).

That is also true. Whereas the List mail will look like it's coming
from foo.com, the administrative mail will come from the real
LISTSERV name.

This is what we refer to as "semi-virtual hosting" and you can write
to [log in to unmask] to request our white paper on semi-virtual
hosting. (Note that this works only with LISTSERV Classic or HPO, it
will not work with LISTSERV Lite).

For true virtual hosting, where even the command address is
different, you need to purchase a separate LISTSERV license and run
another LISTSERV server.

Francoise