"Juan M. Courcoul" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Apr 1992 11:25:13 CST
On Fri, 17 Apr 1992 12:51:34 EDT Duane D. Weaver said:
>Here is what I saved from Eric's posting on the list.
>I made the habit of save such postings by Eric on changes for a new version
>of LISTSERV by doing a PUT * vvv NOTES fm, where vvv is the version as in
>17C.   It beats having to dig through the archives.   Others might be wise
>to do the same.

I've been doing the same, saving just the text of the Changes document
Eric sends out, on my server's MISC filelist.

However, don't forget that Eric has kindly set up a whole bunch of stuff
to assist us Postmasters, in his server at SEARN.

In particular, the LINFO FILELIST contains all the server release notes
for quite a few versions, past & present, as well as additional info.
Also, the LSOFT FILELIST holds add-on extensions you might wish to install
on top of your base code; beware, however, that access to this code is
limited to Listserv Maintainers (i.e., those persons who appear in the
PEERS NAMES file for each individual server).

Hope this helps.

Juan

P.S. Yeah, I know this answer is quite a few days after the fact, but we're
     still wading thru the tons of mail accumulated during our past Holy Week
     vacation (Mexican equivalent of Spring Break).