"Eric W. Tilenius" <EWTILENI@PUCC>
Sat, 7 May 88 20:51:43 EDT
Several users on my list have problems generating, or getting, proper
return paths on their mail that reaches LISTSERV.

Things such as:  jon@Sun   (instead of [log in to unmask])

or very long UUCP strings  (like:  rutgers!teckunix!blackhole!nowhere!jim)

are often in the From: tag, and they can't change this as it's done by
systems along the way.

I was wondering about the feasibility of having LISTSERV respond to a
USER DEFINED path in one of two ways in order to solve this problem:

1) An OUTPUT-TO: command, followed by the address they wish output to go to.
At the top of a batch of commands, this will send all output from then until
another OUTPUT-TO: command to the address specified.

OUTPUT-TO:  [log in to unmask]
SENDME LARGE FILE COCO

2) Having a Reply-To:  header in the mail be recognized by LISTSERV, so that
all responses will be directed to the path specified there.

Is there currently a way to do this?  If not, please put these on my "wish
list" for whoever creates the next version of LISTSERV!

- ERIC -

*        [log in to unmask]  //  [log in to unmask]                *
*      rutgers!pucc.bitnet!ewtileni  //  princeton!pucc.bitnet!ewtileni       *
* ColorVenture - Microcomputer Software - "Because Life isn't Black and White"*