Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:30:18 -0500
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:07:54 -0400, Bruno Robichaud said:
> Well the way we use Listserv is with a mail-merge DBMS backend, so the email
> list come from a DB table and I want the bounced to be in a DB table also so
> I can clean my email list table from bounced Email. So are you telling me
> the only way I can re-direct the bounced email is with the header
> Return-path?

No, the only way is by using the RFC821 SMTP MAIL FROM: command in the envelope,
which is traditionally put into the RFC822 Return-Path: header *at final delivery*.

Trying to do it any other way will just result in the Protocol Police paying
your office a visit to.. umm.. "re-educate" you.. ;)

(Around here, we use a +4 Rubber Hose of Cluefulness for that... ;)