June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Tue, 24 May 88 18:24:33 PDT
Here's a cute one for you gang.  Lois just suggested I send a LIST
GLOBAL command to any listserv to get a list of lists.  Knowing that
Berkeley doesn't keep their LISTSERV up to date, I selected BYUADMIN
(one more jump) as the likely target.  I got back a message saying
that file LISTSERV LISTS was being sent to me in DISK DUMP format
and sure enough as I've been typing this a message arrived saying it
has been delivered.  Out of a perverted sense of inquisitiveness I
decided that since LIST GLOBAL seemed to be translating to a GET
file command I should try a direct GET of the same file as well.
But GET LISTSERV LISTS didn't get me the file which I've just
received but a message saying that '* File "LISTSERV LISTS" is not
yet available." Just what is going on here?

/June

To:  LSTSRV-L(LSTSRV-L@POLYGRAF)