Darren Evans-Young <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Mar 1991 20:14:16 CST
Some of you on VM/XA 2.1 may have seen this message in the subject line.
It happened to me everytime I tried to store a list.  I'd get a message
about LSVSORT failing and the file would be transferred back to me.
Well, after playing with LISTSERV a whole afternoon, I discovered the
problem was not with LSVSORT but with XEDIT.  I have since then found
an APAR that sounds like our problem.  It is VM43126. Its description
is paraphrased below.

------

User is disconnected (LISTSERV) and performs linemode I/O resulting in
an I/O interrupt.  The I/O interrupt handler assume the interrupt is a
reconnect and performs reconnect processing. The device disconnected
flag is set to off. Then an XEDIT is performed which calls for a console
open. XEDIT proceeds as though the console is reconnected, resulting in
DMSXWS554E.

------

I went through LSVADD, LSVEXPIR, LSVSTORE, and LSVSUBSC and added the
NOSCREEN option to the XEDIT call just to see what would happen.
Well, it's been 4 days now and I haven't been able to get LISTSERV to
fail where it used to fail on the 2nd storing of a list.   If you have
this problem, try my fix and see if it helps.

Darren

| Darren Evans-Young, Sys Prg                  BITNET: [log in to unmask]  |
| The University of Alabama                  Internet: [log in to unmask]  |
| Seebeck Computer Center                       Phone: (205)348-3988 / 5380 |
| Tuscaloosa, Alabama  35487-0346                      (205)348-3993 FAX    |