Jeff Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 09:36:52 -0800
>> I  am  interested   in  establishing a  new  listserver.   I   would like
>> information on a site I can download  the software from. I understand 7.0
>> is a licensed package, but the 6.0c version is  freely available.  I have
>> been searching extensively on the Web, but only  find information on user
>> guides.  No sources anywhere.  Am I going to have to resort to Majordomo?
>
>You asked this  on a  list  devoted to  LISTSERV,  the major competitor  to
>ListProc, not a way to win friends :-).

Sorry about that.  I'm just entering the listserver realm and am not
thouroughly informed.  The O'Reilly book "Managing Internet Information
Services" (excellent resource!) talks about Majordomo and ListProcessor.
I checked out their dis/advantages and thought of the two I would prefer
ListProcessor.

So it sounds like LISTSERV is a third possibility.  Anyone want to sell me
on it?  My only mandatory requirements are that it be free and have the
cabability to digest daily messages and send them all in a nightly batch.

I just got my hands on the mail/list-admin/software-faq (thank you, Norm
Aleks) which I suspect will give me more information as to making a
choice.

- Jeff -
_______
[log in to unmask] (Jeff Shepherd)    Dance to Live!