Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Apr 1992 18:15:32 CDT
On Mon, 13 Apr 1992 10:56:21 EDT W. K. Gorman said:
>I seem to be having increasing difficulty reaching ARMY.MIL and NAVY.MIL
>subscribers on some of my lists. Connection seems to be intermittant
>at best. For example, after unsubing one such address, having waded
>through 20-30 bouncemail notices for that user, I got an anguished note
>at my personal E-mail address asking "Why?". When I attempted to respond,
>my (Reply) note also bounced.

   There are LOTS of problems with .MIL addresses from our perspective too.
Much of it seems to be related to the mailbridges.  Recently they had to
remove a lot of "foreign" networks from their tables because they had gotten
too big.  There are also occassional nameserver problems.

>How does one find out?

    That is really a problem.  Since we are on NSFNET we refer the tough
cases to [log in to unmask]  But I am not sure that is really their
responsibility.  I sure wish the MIL users had a reachable responsive
help desk (like merit.edu).  However, from the contacts I've had the
mail users care about e-mail and some administrators do not.

       Marty